Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 187


Next I attached the head to the body. At this point the book told me to make some claws for the hands and feet along with all the inner mouth parts. However I'm super annoyed already and sick so I told the book to shut up and I moved on. 


The only thing left was to texture the cat. I did the nose, whiskers and eye lashes separately. The book provided the texture for the body, one for the front and one for the back. These were just projected directly onto the model from each direction. The book was trying to keep it simple so the textures didn't line up that well when looked at from the side. With everything done, I can say modeling with nurbs is a pain in the ass and wouldn't use this approach ever. 


At this point, I decided to take a little detour. The basic work flow for computer animation is modeling, texturing, rigging, animating, and lighting/rendering. I'm about 250 pages into this book and I've gone over the first two steps. Next is rigging which is making skeletons and all the preparation for eventual animation. I've mentioned before how this isn't my favorite step. Unfortunately, the book spends the next 300 pages just on that so I decided to do something more interesting to lift my spirits out of my sickness induced funk. I'll eventually finish this book since it's stuff that I should know but I'll just get to it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment