Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 186


I'll be modeling the head separately from the body. I started with the neck piece from the body to use as a guide so the head will eventually fit with the body. 


The head will be done a little bit differently. Instead of starting with basic shapes, I'll be drawing a series of lines which will end up being the boundaries of future patches. From a side, I drew a line for the profile that includes the mouth cavity. From the front, I drew in lines for the eyes, ears, nose and mouth.


While drawing the lines, I also manipulated them so they're not just flat but are three dimensional. Once I had those basic outlines, I drew in secondary lines while still trying to create a three dimensional shape for the head.


After that, I can now connect the lines together to create surface patches. I ended up with the above right  after tweaking the patches after they were made. Next I made some whiskers and eye lashes. Then I made the eye and textured it. Lastly, I mirrored everything to get the final head. I can't really complain about the final result however all of this required a lot of planning in advance. Nurbs can be very finicky so the book had to explicitly show me where every single line should go which helped me avoid any problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment