Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 167




Next was a lesson in rendering so the book wanted to show me how to export the animation. Here I've imported the walking animation I made previously into the alley scene. 


Everything I've made so far has just been using Maya's default rendering engine. On the left, you can see it creates decent shadows but no reflections. On the right, I've switched over to a more light focused rendering engine and now you can see a proper reflection. Here Maya sends out photons of light and tracks them. Above the reflection quality isn't that great. I can fix that by changing settings and increasing the amount of photons which will increase the rendering time as well. Finally below, we have another rendering engine that produces cartoon looking vector images.

No comments:

Post a Comment