Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 145


When I quit last night, I decided I wasn't going to mess with fur anymore. Then today I thought I'd give it one more shot. In the back of my head, I figured I would quickly fail and then move onto something new. Many hours later, I end up with the result below. But first let's start with the above picture where I've just placed some basic colors on the model so it'll match the fur color in case it shows through.


So the fur never worked out like how I wanted it to. The worst part was that everything looked perfectly fine as I was working on it. I could see the hair covering the entire body but when I rendered it, just a clump showed up. So I kept doing random things and eventually it began to sort of work. I'm not sure why because what I was doing did not seem like the right way to do things but I was getting full body coverage so I kept at it. To get the two colors on the face and tail, I had to apply two sets of fur. One was orange which I then made bald on the cheeks. The other was white which I made bald everywhere else. I liked how the eye brows and tail turned out. The tail has longer hair and looks more realistic. I didn't do that with the body since the long hair would have obscured all the features. I would have liked to make it look better but by this point, I was pretty irritated by the whole thing and stopped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment