Friday, October 25, 2013

Day 328


It's been awhile since I've written here. I knew I've been behind but not this much. Oh well. Onward. One of my first customers on Etsy ordered all my Star Wars crayons which were Boba Fett, Darth Vader, the Storm Trooper and R2D2. I had planned on doing C3PO eventually. I asked her if she wanted a carving of him too. She said no since the crayons were a gift and she wanted them sooner rather than later. She might order more for the holidays though. So I put C3PO on the back burner until now. I originally wanted to make him out of a metallic gold crayon I have. However the crayon was more bronze than brass so I just used this non-metallic dark yellow crayon instead. Overall, I don't think he turned out that well. I guess if you're not a huge fan of Star Wars, he looks ok. However, I spent a few hours staring at photos of him so he looks off to me. Something with his head shape and proportions. I didn't put him on Etsy since I don't like him that much. Here's a group shot below. Boba and C3PO were done using normal size crayons while the middle three were large crayons. That's all I have planned for Star Wars now. I could do an Ewok or Chewbacca but I'm not in a hurry to try. I also thought about making some of the iconic space ships out of white or grey crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment