Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 313


I carved all the crayons I had planned to do, but then I saw the "What does the fox say?" video and got inspired to make a fox. It didn't turn out quite like how I envisioned. I was aiming for a more realistic version. I wanted the head to be big so you could more easily see it. This lead to the head being too big for the body. I didn't want to shrink down the head so I left it as is so then a more cartoony look seemed more appropriate for the big headed fox.

I'll be moving back to modeling now. I think I'll still carve a crayon every now and then when I need a break from modeling. Or when I'm watching TV which I do a lot. I've mainly been using large crayons so I still have lots and lots of untouched normal sized crayons. I'll switch to those so a smaller crayon should mean I'll finish each carving more quickly. I don't think I'll be trying to copy as many pop culture characters though. I'll just do random things like the fox and other animals or whatever the color inspires me to do. Before that though, I would like to do C3P0 in a gold crayon and Totoro in gray. I keep getting ideas and then forgetting them. If only I had something to help me remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment