Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 158


This is the most complicated skeleton rig I've done so far so animating it to walk was a bit of a challenge. For the most part, the book told me how to do all the posing for the legs so there wasn't much learning through trial and error there. The arms I had to do on my own for the most part. I found the IK chains there to be more of a hindrance than helpful since I had much less control. It also didn't help that the book didn't want me to make a lot of keyframes. Keyframes are the main poses I set while Maya interpolates the frames in between. Anyway, I have the final animation below. It's not the best. He's walking a little too fast and it's herky jerky so it's not natural looking. I forgot to mention in the last post, but one more thing I did to the skeleton was add a jiggling attribute to the ears which you can see the results of in the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment