Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 103


I spent a fair amount time going over the basics again. Luckily, I still managed to learn some new things. The first project involves creating a level for a possible video game. The author is very keen on being very practical so since it's for a video game, he wants to keep the polygon count low and he'll ignore any parts that the player wouldn't see. I started with the hallway and then built two rooms. At that point, the author told me to build the rest of the rooms as practice. I'm not a big fan of that approach. I don't need to have my hand held the whole time but at least give me something to aim for instead of just doing whatever I want. Anyway, I'll be coming back to this building multiple times I imagine. I think I'll just be focusing on a single room though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment