Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 21

Not much work done this weekend due to Tough Mudder. Plus it was the weekend. I did get a new mouse. After using a normal two button plus scroll wheel mouse for awhile, I figured a slightly fancier one will improve my productivity. So I went all out and spent $15 on one. This one is bigger and more ergonomically shaped. But the main selling point (besides being cheap) was that it has two extra buttons placed near the thumb area which I could customize. In Maya, to move the view point around, you have to hold down the Alt key and then use one of the three mouse buttons for different camera movements. Using two hands to do something so basic and necessary didn't seem that efficient. So I programmed one of the mouse buttons to act as Alt and now I can move around with just one hand. I programmed the other button to do the Undo command which, quite frankly, I use a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment