Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 12


I didn't get much work done today. My sister and nephew came over and spent the day here so I didn't get started until late tonight. With not much time, I just modeled one of our dining room chairs. Not that difficult or interesting. Spending time with the nephew is always fun though. He's about 18 months old now and my sister teaches him a lot of stuff. He recognizes numbers and can count to ten. He can tell you what city he lives in and who the president is. He also knows a lot of animal noises. So you can ask him what a lion says or a pig and he'll respond appropriately. Today my sister asked him what a kookaburra says and he just laughed. It took me a second to realize that's what the bird actually sounds like. My only reference was old children's song. Mmm gumdrops...

No comments:

Post a Comment