Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 341


Yup. So that finally happened. It was like a month ago but like I've said, I'm behind and also writing about things out of order. The funny thing is that trying to sell this set was the original motivation of my online presence. I opened an Etsy store to sell it. I created a Tumblr account so I could post it on the Game of Thrones Tumblr. Then things took off from there. A guy in Australia bought it. There were some complications but I'll write about it later.


A few weeks ago, I saw the Game of Thrones Facebook page post some of the fan art from their Tumblr page. I was happy to see they included mine. It ended up getting about 9000 likes, 1000 shares and 300 comments. A lot of those comments were dildo related.


Then a few days ago, I was googling myself again and found my Donnie Darko crayon was posted on the Donnie Darko Facebook page. There it got even more likes and shares than the Game of Thrones one. A handful of people commented on wanting to buy it (unfortunately it had no link to me or my Etsy store). I don't know how willing they would be if they realized the price. One guy said "Hoang Tran if you're reading this, message me". I'll probably message him eventually but I'm a little busy at the moment.


Donnie Darko and Game of Thrones have millions of fans on Facebook so it's kind of weird thinking that my crayons have been seen by potentially millions of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment