Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 339


I've mentioned before that different websites and blogs have written about my work. A few are original articles while a lot are just reposts from other sites. Every now and then I google myself to see what's been written. I don't look too hard. Maybe I should set up google alerts or something. Anyway, here are a few notable ones. After the initial flurry of articles, things kind of died down a bit. Then I noticed a lot of hits on my Etsy store one day and I traced it back to an article on Boing Boing. I have never heard of the site but I guess it's popular because it lead to other sites finding me. 


One of those was The Daily Dot, another site I wasn't familiar with. Someone there contacted me asking permission to post images along with some other basic questions about my work. I obliged and the end result is above.


More recently, I was contacted by Mashable. They wanted to post images and ask some questions as well. I have heard about this site before but don't frequent it. Both of the above sites contacted me through Etsy. I'm not sure if they found me on Etsy or through my Tumblr, but Tumblr's messaging system is terrible so I'm not surprised they used Etsy. I also added an email address (carvedcrayons@gmail) on my Etsy shop for people to contact me if they don't have an Etsy account which some people have used. I had to decide between carved crayons or crayon carvings. I wanted wax nostalgic but I that was already taken. Carved crayons is easy to remember though and it matched my Etsy shop name (which also wanted that to be Wax Nostalgic but that was taken too).

No comments:

Post a Comment