Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 219


I'm switching back to my other book since it is more anatomy focused and I wanted to learn some of that before finishing my female character. For that book, I made the little girl head and now I'm doing the near opposite with a big muscular guy. This guy has like super hero proportions so it's not quite anatomically correct but it's a good lesson in learning the main muscle groups. Above is the model I was provided to start out with. Below is a video of myself sculpting the upper body. This was the first time I sculpted using a tablet so there were some growing pains. In the video, I'm roughing out the muscles. The polygon count was intentionally kept low so I did the best I could with what I had. There's not too much to explain that you can't see for yourself. Mainly I just built areas up or down and then smoothed things out and over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment