Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 216


Another set of features Mudbox has are posing tools so I don't have to depend on other programs like Maya to move different parts of my model around. To start out, I have to create a joint which you can see on the above left. I click to place the joint and then drag in the direction of the part I want to move. How far I drag determines the green gradient formed. The intensity of green indicates how strongly the joint influences that area. I can edit the green part by erasing or adding on using basic paint tools.


Once I have that set, I can move the green section around or rotate it in any direction.


I can also scale the section if I wanted to. So with those basic tools, I can pose the model in a much more dynamic fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment