Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 152


Time is model my character. This book advocates the technique of starting with simple shapes and then adding in details from there. The book didn't provide any reference images so I had to play a little by ear. The character is a dog so the proportions are a little funky. Here I'm working with rough polygons while viewing how the result will look like when smoothed.


Here I'm finalizing the body shape and adding in fingers and toes.


Now here's a big jump to the final model. It looks too much like a cat to me. The ears will eventually be folded down so maybe that'll help. I wanted to make the snout longer and more doglike but the book shows the dog with a shorter snout. The book's model looks more doggish but I didn't want to drive myself crazy trying to copy the book perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment